Sunday, November 17, 2019

100WC - Week #11 - Brooke


̈Jam, jam, jam! itś as sweet as the sky. I absolutely love jam. How about you Mike?¨ asked John.
 ̈No, he said, ¨I like marmite.¨
¨Your disgusting,¨ John said while looking at his best friend with hatred.
 ¨Your disgusting,¨Mike retorted tartly.
¨I call this a war,¨ John responded.¨
¨Fine by me,¨Mike replied.
¨Oh! jam is as lovely as sweet honey!¨ John started singing.
¨While marmite is the healthiest option, it´s like a world of sweetness!¨ Mike started singing.
̈Jam, jam, jam is like a honeycomb filled with sugar!¨ John finished his song.
̈So you like honey?¨ Mike laughed as John turned purple with embarrassment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke,

    Great story! I know people can get defensive about the spreads they put on toast but calling someone "disgusting" seems a bit harsh. I really like the range of interesting verbs you used like "retorted" and "responded" instead of saying "said" over and over again. Keep up the good work.

    Michael (Team 100wc), Coventry, UK

    ReplyDelete

I really liked . . . because . . .
I really liked the way you . . .
I enjoyed reading this because . . .
It was especially good when you . . . because . . .

I think you need to . . . because . . .
Next time you write . . .
Think about adding . . .
Have you thought about . . .
To improve your . . . try . . .
Perhaps you could . . .